To access the Members area, please log in.
Our members promote and support music education and music educators through collaboration, networking, and the sharing of best practices so that every child in Texas is assured of receiving quality instruction in the understanding, appreciation, and performance of music.Join TMAC
ARTICLE II — MEMBERSHIP
(from the Texas Music Administrators Conference's Constitution and Bylaws)
- Section 1 — Membership
- Membership in this organization shall be open to all individuals who are currently serving in any administrative capacity, retired from such an administrative position, or interested in administration related to music education programs at any level. Membership shall be designated as “Active” or “Retired” as appropriate to the employment status of the member.
- Section 2 — Annual dues
- A registration fee of $50 (Active Member) or $30 (Retired Member) per year shall entitle an individual to full membership in the Texas Music Administrators Conference. A majority vote of the members present at a regular meeting of the full membership is required to change these amounts. Continued membership is contingent upon being up-to-date on annual membership registration.
- Section 3 — Rights of members
- Each member in good standing shall be eligible to vote on actions before the full membership, to vote for candidates for the executive board, serve on committees and bring business before the general membership.
- Section 4 — Non-voting membership
- The non-voting membership categories must be adopted by the Board of Directors and proposed as an amendment to these by-laws to the membership as outlined in Article VI.